Got Facebook or Twitter?Connect your FanBox to Facebook or Twitter & keep
your friends updated with all your activity on FanBox.
It's free and takes less than 10 seconds!
Your post has been published.
Now, create a free Shout-Out to share your blog with thousands of users. It's simple and quick to create.
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” ~Dalai Lama
Though Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, this is not a post about romance. It’s about any relationship–with your brother, your mother, your coworker, your friend.
And I admit I am not an expert.
I’ve made a million and one mistakes in relationships. I’ve expected too much. Or not asked for what I needed in fear of rocking the boat. I’ve been competitive. I’ve been suspisious. I’ve been dependent. I’d like to think what redeems me from all these mistakes is that I’ve also been honest.
Being self aware, in my opinion, is far more valuable than being perfect–mostly because the former is attainable and helpful, while the latter is neither.
Relationships are not easy. They mirror everything we feel about ourselves and the way the world works. When you’ve had a bad day, the people around you seem difficult. When you’re not happy with yourself, your relationships seem to be lacking.
If you’ve ever gotten in a fight, only to find yourself wondering what you were really upset about, this post may help you. If you’ve ever been disappointed because someone didn’t meet your expectations, this post may help you, too. Feel walked on and unheard? You guessed it–there’s likely something in here that will help you change that.
We don’t live in a vacuum. We have thoughts and feelings that can be confusing. Other people do, too. And just like in the movie Crash, they don’t always collide smoothly.
When I apply these ideas–which I do better sometimes than others–I feel confident, strong, compassionate, and peaceful in my interactions. I hope they can do the same for you.
1. Do what you need to do for you.
Everyone has personal needs, whether it’s going to the gym after work or taking some alone time on Saturday morning. If someone asks you to do something and your instinct is to honor you own need, do that. I’m not saying you can’t make sacrifices sometimes, but it’s important to make a habit of taking care of yourself. (More on this: 10 Ways to Balance Self Interest & Sacrifice).
Someone once told me people are like glasses of water. If you don’t do what you have to do to keep your glass full, you’ll need to take it from someone else–which leaves them half full. Fill your own glass so you can feel whole and complete in your relationships.
2. Give people the benefit of the doubt.
It’s tempting to doubt people. To assume your boyfriend meant to hurt you by not inviting you out with his friends, or your friend meant to make you feel inadequate by flaunting her money. People who care about you want you to feel happy, even if sometimes they get too wrapped up in their own problems to show it well.Sometimes they may be hurtful and mean
Romance is love plus desire.
Romance is the happiness of true lovers.
Romance is a loving, passionate and intimate relationship.
Romance is an ardent, exciting, and mysterious emotional bond.
Romance is a combination of caring and attraction in a mating relationship.
Romance is the feeling of being transformed by the love and desire of another.
Romance is the excitement of the chase, capture and eternal imprisonment of a heart.
Romance is the feeling of becoming more complete as you find missing puzzle pieces in another.
Romance is pleasurable, devoted intimacy that enables two people to become of one heart, one mind, and one body.
Romance is the feeling of having one's most important relationship needs met by another person, and wanting to meet his or her needs in return.
Romance is a mixture of pleasant and exciting feelings, such as anticipation, adventure, amorousness and caring, that surrounds a growing intimate relationship between a man and a woman.
Many believe that romantic love is the same as passionate love [infatuation]. It isn't. Romantic love has the intensity, engagement and sexual chemistry that passionate love has, minus the obsessive component. Passionate or obsessive love includes feelings of uncertainty and anxiety. This kind of love helps drive the shorter relationships but not the longer ones.—Bianca P. Acevedo, Researcher
Romance is being one
Romance reaches its greatest potential in marriage with the complete development of emotional, spiritual, and physical intimacy. Emotional intimacy is being of one heart—desiring to make each other happy, to be together, and to belong to each other. Spiritual intimacy is being of one mind—sharing the same values and basic life goals, and working together to attain them. Physical intimacy is being of one body—sharing the pleasures and comforts of intimate sensuous affection.Complete romance in marriage is like a jet airplane. Emotional intimacy is like the wings that provides lift, allowing you to fly to great
Making some extra money is always nice. No, actually, making extra money, is great! As everyone knows, right now the economy is struggling big time and people are hurting from all kinds of financial pressures. Unemployment, rising prices, wage cuts, tax hikes, and benefit cuts are all hitting people's wallets right now. Thinking about ways to make extra money and then executing on your ideas, can help people stay afloat during some rough times. Even if you haven't been hurt by the recession, making extra money can help you to meat financial goals and maybe get ahead a little quicker than you would have.
27 Great Ideas To Make Extra Money!
1. Shovel Driveways - This is a no brainer right now with all of the snow some places are getting. Put up some flyers around town or put a classified ad on Craigslist or the local newspaper to get the word out. If you own or have access to a good snow blower you may even be able to turn this idea into a seasonal business to make extra money every winter.
2. Mow Lawns - Similar to idea #1, but still worth mentioning as a way to earn extra money in the summer. Also could be another seasonal business idea too.
3. Do Topical Research for People Who Don't Have The Time - Those who are fast and diligent at doing high quality, accurate research could benefit from this money making idea. It Could be a valuable service to students, small business owners, bloggers, writers, and others. Just put an ad out on Craigslist or other classifieds, specifying the topics you will research and how much you charge, to see if there is any interest.
4. Sell Your Plasma - Look for places around your area that offer extra money for your plasma if you aren't to squeamish.
5. Tutor High School or College Students - If you have expertise or higher education in areas like science, math, history, or economics you could offer to tutor students for extra money.
6. Iron People's Clothes - Many people are too busy to keep up with daily chores like ironing their dress shirts. You could offer to come pick up, iron, and bring back people's clothes to make some extra money. Also don't forget, that you should be able to deduct any mileage and gas expenses on your taxes, but consult with a qualified tax advisor first.
7. Clean Houses - If you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and doing dirty work, cleaning houses in your spare time can be a lucrative way to make extra money.
8. Teach A Second Language - Even if you only know English there is still an opportunity to make extra money teaching those who don't speak it. If you do know a foreign language like Chinese or Spanish, then you probably have even greater odds to bring in some extra cash.
9. Cut Hair In Your Home - If you know how to cut hair well enough to not make people scream when you're done then you might think about out pricing your local salons and barbers by providing cheaper cuts in your basement or living room. Of course most states require a license to cut hair, but the probability of getting caught is likely to be low enough to risk any fines in order to make some extra money.
10. Write Cover Letters and Resumes For Jobseekers - With the horrendous job market there is sure to be demand for this service as jobseekers need to get their names out to as many prospective employers as possible. Plus if the economy bounces back there will always be people looking to change jobs.11. Do Ghost Writing Assignments - This may be perfect for some of the really strong writers on Hubpages. Ghost writing can be done for blogs, magazine columns, or school assignments. Craigslist or both on and offline networking could help you
You are now following this blog.
Adult content and certain language are not permitted in premium blog posts.
Why? In order to fulfill our objective of helping you earn money, we have to abide by mobile carrier regulations.
In order to publish this post, please remove all offensive language and adult references, by modifying any yellow highlighted text. We apologize if our automated system flagged something it really shouldn’t have.